First Zombie Run great fun

Students gathered at the Lower Bucks campus on Nov. 7 to participate in the first annual Zombie Run, a fun event that also helped the Wounded Warrior Project and collected canned goods for households in need.

The clouds created a dreary overcast setting a post-apocalyptic mood, as the zombies chased the runners through the Delhaas woods behind the Lower Bucks campus.

Two runners went through the course at a time, which created a challenge for the runners, as there was a large turn out of zombie participants.

The runners began the course with two tags attached to them, and in order to survive the zombie apocalypse they had to out run the zombies with at least one tag remaining upon completing the course.

Throughout the course obstacles challenged runners, making it difficult to escape the deathly grasp of their zombie opponents with their tags intact.

Anna Candelaria, President of the Lower Bucks Programming Council, said nobody survived the run.

However, this did not have a negative affect on the participants, “The day was great and everyone had a lot of fun,” Candelaria said.

After going through the course runners and zombies were able to reward themselves with a quick bite to eat from the food tables set up outside while watching other participants run.

“The only problem we faced was the windy weather,” Candelaria said. “Next year we’re going to have the tables inside with more decorations to avoid them blowing around.”

The Zombie Run was an exciting and spooky occasion for those who came out, while also raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project, an organization that provides programs and services to assist local military veterans.

Each entry fee of $7 was donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.

The entry cost was lowered to $5 for those who brought in a few canned goods, which were donated to Bristol Borough Community Action Group.

The Zombie Run will be held again next year and the Lower Bucks programing council plans to hold the Zombie Run annually with the help and support of Bucks students and the local community.